The project aims to support and capacitate multi-agency, joint law enforcement coordination structures within the KAZA TRFCA.
- Support to the operations of the KAZA Safety and Security Working Group
- Conduct an independent study of wildlife crime within KAZA, with a focus on illegal wildlife trade dynamics including the provision of bi-annual updates to the SSWG
- Conduct a case study of various joint security models and production of a cascaded legal framework for the TFCA and then roll it out using the Kwando Wildlife Dispersal Area (WDA) as a pilot area.
- Review and update the Kwando WDA strategic Law Enforcement Plan and associated Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support and enhance joint law enforcement coordination capacity within KAZA and support the conduction of joint law enforcement operations within the WDA.
- Conduct joint interagency, transnational IWT law enforcement (IWT Transit) training and information sharing workshops
- Enhance and domesticate CITES Customs enforcement Standard Operating Procedure for the 5 KAZA Partner States, enhance the associated training curriculum and undertake training for customs and frontline law enforcement staff on the domesticated SOPs.