Specific activities include:
1) Consultations with main stakeholders and officials in the Lowveld regarding the process of developing the concept of a Lowveld Biosphere Reserve (BR).
2) Initial meeting / workshop to reconvene the LOCAL Forum to build on previous initiatives and inform members of the potential for a BR.
3) Assessing potential benefits of BR.
4) Mapping proposed potential BR area and land use/land cover (from satellite imagery).
5) Second Consultative Workshop under the LOCAL Forum to further inform stakeholders on the potential for developing a BR and to establish level of support for the concept.
6) Follow up if there is strong support for a Biosphere Reserve